Do you love giving homemade gifts during the holidays? If so, this recipe for chocolate buttons is perfect for you! These little treats are easy to make and can be packaged up in festive jars or boxes for a sweet edible gift. Your friends and family will thank you!
Chocolate Buttons (basic recipe)
- 8.45 oz (240 g) dark chocolate (I’m using Hu Simple Dark Chocolate*)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
Toppings (optional & not included in nutritional panel)
- dried rose petals
- sea salt flakes
- dried fruit
- mixed nuts
- toasted coconut
- bee pollen (I’m using The Travelling Bee Co. Honey Bee Pollen)
- Preparation: Gather and prepare your ingredients, and line two baking sheets with baking parchment. Fill a small saucepan with 2 inches of water, and place it on the stovetop over low heat. Let it come to a gentle simmer.
- Melt: Break the chocolate into small pieces in a medium-sized heatproof bowl larger in size than your saucepan. Add the coconut oil. Place the heatproof bowl onto the saucepan of gently steaming water. Stir regularly so the heat melts the chocolate evenly. Once melted, remove the bowl of chocolate from the heat and set it to one side, allowing it to cool down slightly. This ensures the chocolate doesn’t spread out too much when you create your buttons.
- Pour: Using a teaspoon, pour the chocolate onto your prepared baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Using the bottom of the teaspoon, spread the chocolate into rounds.
- Sprinkle: Then, sprinkle your chosen toppings onto each button. You can use the same toppings on each button or vary them slightly, so each has a slightly different flavor combo.
- Cool: Set your chocolate buttons aside to cool. You’ll want them to harden completely before handling them. Once the buttons have set, lift them off the baking parchment and store them in an airtight container.
- To get 15% off Hu Chocolate, use code FOODGEEK at the checkout (affiliate link).
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cooling & Setting: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Snacks
Keywords: christmas, healthy, edible gifts, healthy snacks, chocolate