If you’re looking for a delicious and simple side dish to add to your Christmas day feast, look no further than honey-roasted parsnips! It’s such an easy recipe that requires only five ingredients. Plus, the sweet and savory flavor combination fits perfectly with a traditional Christmas spread. So why not give honey-roasted parsnips a try this year? You won’t regret it!
- 3.3lbs (1.5kg) parsnips, peeled & trimmed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 tbsp raw runny honey
- Gather and prepare your ingredients. Preheat oven to 375ºF/190ºC/gas mark 5. Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Cut down the length of the parsnips so that each creates 4 wedges. Then transfer them to a large mixing bowl. Pour in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss well, so each parsnip is coated.
- Pour the parsnips onto a baking tray in a single layer, giving them plenty of room. Use two baking trays if necessary. Place the parsnips in a preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, remove the parsnips from the oven, add the thyme sprigs and fennel seeds, and drizzle with honey. Give everything a good toss together and roast for another 10-15 minutes until the parsnips are golden and crispy. Once cooked, remove the thyme leaves from the sprigs and sprinkle them over the parsnips. Discard the sprigs.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Leftovers: Leftover Honey-Roast parsnips will keep in the refrigerator for 2-3 days or freeze for up to 3 months when stored in an airtight container. Although, I wouldn’t recommend freezing them as you lose some flavor and texture.
- Reheating Instructions: Defrost the honey-roasted parsnips before reheating. For best results, reheat chilled parsnips in the oven on a baking tray lined with parchment paper for 15-20 minutes at 375ºF/190ºC/gas mark 5.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 35
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: British
Keywords: roast dinner, christmas dinner, thanksgiving, roast parsnips, honey roast parsnips, roasted vegetables