Mornings are about to get a whole lot more egg-citing with the PERFECT Chilli Scrambled Eggs! They’re quick, super-easy, as fluffy as a cloud, and come with a sassy chili twist. It’s deliciousness on a plate.
- The Best Chilli Scrambled Eggs Recipe!
- Why You’ll Love Scrambled Eggs with Chili
- Recipe Ingredients
- Ingredient Notes
- How to Make Chilli Scrambled Eggs: Step-By-Step Instructions
- Recipe Substitutions
- Recipe Tips
- Storage Instructions
- What to Serve with Chilli Scrambled Eggs
- More Breakfast Eggs
- Printable Recipe Card
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Pin Recipe for Later!
The Best Chilli Scrambled Eggs Recipe!
Starting the day with eggs is a game-changer. They are a nutritional powerhouse packed with protein, healthy fats, and essential vitamins and minerals. They are a great source of fuel to help our bodies tackle the day ahead.
These Chilli Scrambled Eggs or chili scrambled eggs for our American friends take regular scrambled eggs to a new level of eggcellent. With a generous yet considered serving of Parmesan cheese to balance out the heat from delicious chilies, they create a mouthwatering combination that will leave you feeling thoroughly satisfied.
Oh, and before we go on, please forgive my egg puns earlier. That was the last of them, I promise! Now, let’s dive into this tasty breakfast recipe that’ll have you eager to rise and shine in the morning.
Looking for more scrambled egg ideas? Try this Ultimate Scrambled Eggs recipe next.
Why You’ll Love Scrambled Eggs with Chili
- A nutritious start. Packed with protein and healthy fats from free-range eggs, this recipe provides a well-rounded and satisfying breakfast to help you stay full ’til lunch!
- Quick and easy. With minimal prep and cooking time, these scrambled chili eggs are perfect for busy mornings or whatever time of day you need a speedy meal. You’ll often find me eating these eggs as a quick lunch or dinner option.
- Adaptable and versatile. Customize the spice level to your own tastes. For more heat, throw in the chili seeds. For less heat, reduce the amount of chili. And for no heat, leave out the chili altogether.
Here are the ingredients you’re going to need to make this fiery Chilli Scrambled Eggs recipe:
- Free Range Eggs: Opt for free-range eggs for the best flavor and quality.
- Red and Green Chili: Use fresh chili for its fiery heat, fruity flavor, and vibrant color.
- Parmesan (Parmigiano-Reggiano): Balances some of that heat and makes the eggs dreamy and creamy.
- Turmeric: Enhances the yellow color of the eggs and adds a subtle earthy flavor. Plus, turmeric is loaded with anti-inflammatory antioxidants!
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: The chilies infuse the oil with flavor, which is then folded through the egg scramble, making them incredibly tasty. The fat also ensures the eggs stay soft and creamy.
- Sea Salt Flakes: Enhances the flavors.
- Fresh Cilantro (Fresh Coriander): An optional, albeit totally delicious aromatic herb that adds freshness to your scrambled eggs.
- Cayenne Pepper: Again, completely optional, but I like to add a sprinkle of cayenne over the eggs to serve, as it looks gorgeous. But it does add more heat, so go easy if these eggs are already at your spice limit!
How to Make Chilli Scrambled Eggs: Step-By-Step Instructions
This has to be one of the easiest recipes there is! Here’s how in six simple illustrated steps:
- Prepare the Egg Mixture
Beat the eggs in a bowl or jug.
- Whisk Egg Mixture
Add the Parmesan, turmeric, and salt.
Whisk again until well combined.
- Prepare the Chili Base
Sauté the chilies in olive oil over a medium-high heat until they release their flavors.
- Pour Eggs into Pan
Reduce the heat to low, and add the beaten eggs.
- Scrambling the Eggs
Gently scramble the eggs, stirring them continuously with a silicone spatula until they reach your desired consistency. This process should take approximately 3-4 minutes as small curds gradually transform into large curds.
Be mindful not to overcook the chili scramble, as the eggs will continue to cook off the heat due to residual heat in the pan.
- Remove Eggs from Heat, Serve, and Enjoy!
Transfer the perfectly cooked Chilli Scrambled Eggs onto a serving plate.
Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro leaves for added freshness and aroma.
I like to serve my chili scramble on a seeded wholegrain bagel.
Find the recipe card with exact ingredients and full recipe instructions at the bottom of this page. ⇩Jump to Recipe
I believe this egg recipe is perfect for a reason! 😉 But, I have got some subs for you to try should you have some taste or dietary preferences:
- Spice: The spiciness level of the eggs can be easily adjusted. If you enjoy a milder kick, you can reduce the amount of chili or remove the seeds and membranes from the chilies before adding them to the recipe. On the other hand, if you crave more heat, feel free to increase the amount of chili or add a pinch of chili flakes (chilli flakes) or a drizzle of hot sauce to intensify the spiciness. The beauty of this recipe is that it can be tailored to suit your personal taste preferences, so go ahead and make it as mild or as fiery as you desire!
- With Cheese: Swap Parmesan for grated cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese for melty indulgence. Feta cheese is also brilliant if you’re looking for that salty tang.
- Without Cheese: If you’d rather have no cheese, you can achieve the same silky finish to the eggs with a knob of butter or a splash of milk.
- Vegetarian Option: To make this scramble veggie, simply omit the Parmesan or sub with a vegetarian alternative.
- Fresh Herbs: Chives or parsley are an excellent sub for cilantro (fresh coriander) in this recipe. But a chopped green onion (scallion or spring onion) is also a great topping.
- Sauces: If you like the chili heat but want to tone it down a little, try topping the eggs with sour cream for that cooling sensation! However, if you like hard-core heat, you can add some Sriracha, Tabasco, or hot sauce.
- Whisk eggs: If you want fluffy, soft scrambled eggs, whisking the eggs thoroughly is crucial. It makes for an even texture and incorporates some air.
- Use a non-stick pan: A non-stick surface ensures that the eggs slide around effortlessly and prevents them from sticking to the bottom of the pan or forming a crust. This means you’ll have an easier time flipping and folding the eggs, resulting in a beautifully cooked scramble.
- Use a silicone spatula: Using a silicone spatula when making scrambled eggs is a game-changer for achieving the perfect texture. A silicone spatula is flexible and gentle on the eggs, which makes it ideal for delicately folding and stirring, ensuring the eggs cook evenly and form soft, fluffy curds. And, unlike a rubber spatula, a silicone spatula is heat-resistant, so it won’t melt or warp when exposed to heat.
- Low heat for perfect texture: Cook the scrambled eggs over a low heat to achieve soft curds and prevent overcooking.
- Don’t walk away! Stirring and folding the eggs constantly is necessary for eggs that have the perfect texture. The constant movement helps to evenly distribute the heat and create soft, creamy curds throughout the eggs. Don’t worry. The eggs will look very quickly.
- Utilize residual heat: Remember that the eggs will continue to cook off the heat due to the residual heat in the pan.
NUTRITION TIP: These Perfect Chilli Scrambled Eggs provide a nutritious start to your day, offering a good balance of protein, healthy fats, and essential vitamins. Pair them with wholegrain toast or other fiber-rich options, and add a portion of veg for a complete and well-rounded meal.
For the best flavor and texture, Chilli Scrambled Eggs are best eaten fresh out of the pan. However, to avoid waste, store any leftover scrambled eggs in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Freezing scrambled eggs is not recommended, as they can become watery upon thawing.
What to Serve with Chilli Scrambled Eggs
For a complete and satisfying breakfast, pair your Perfect Chilli Scrambled Eggs with:
- Seeded bagels
- Rye bread and smoked salmon
- Sourdough toast
- English muffins
- Warm tortillas
- Sautéed spinach and mushrooms
- Grilled tomatoes
WEIGHT LOSS TIP: If you’re watching your weight, these Perfect Chilli Scrambled Eggs can be a suitable meal option. Packed with protein, they help keep you feeling full for longer and may reduce the chances of overeating later in the day. Pair them with fresh veggies for a low-calorie and satisfying meal.
More Breakfast Eggs
- Oven Baked Vegetable Frittata
- Ground Beef Cheeseburger Frittata
- Easy Spinach Feta Egg Cups
- Healthy Full English Breakfast
Thinking of making this recipe? Share your thoughts in the comment section and provide a star rating! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I always LOVE hearing from you.
Printable Recipe Card
Perfect Chilli Scrambled Eggs
If you love this recipe, rate it with 5 stars below!PRINT PIN RATE
- Medium or Small Frying Pan
- Silicone Spatula, or a flat-edged wooden spoon
- 500ml Jug or medium bowl
- Whisk or Fork
- 4 large eggs, free-range
- 2 tablespoons freshly shredded (grated) Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red chili, seeds removed, finely chopped
- ½ green chili, seeds removed, finely chopped
- fresh cilantro (coriander) leaves, finely chopped
- pinch cayenne pepper
- Preparation: Gather and prepare your ingredients
- Prepare the Egg Mixture: Crack the eggs into a jug or a medium bowl. Beat with a whisk or fork until the yolks and whites are well combined. Add the Parmesan cheese, turmeric, and salt, and whisk again.
- Chili Base: Allow the olive oil to heat in a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the chilies and sauté until they start to release their flavor. About 2 minutes.
- Scramble the Eggs: Reduce the heat to low, and pour the wet egg mixture into the pan with the chilies. Using a silicone spatula, gently push the cooked edges towards the center, tilting the pan to allow the uncooked eggs to flow into the empty spaces. Continue to push and fold the eggs from the edges towards the center, creating large, soft curds. Be careful not to over-stir or scramble the eggs too vigorously. The goal is to create large, fluffy curds rather than small, dry pieces. Cook the scrambled eggs to your desired level of doneness, ensuring they are still moist and slightly runny as they will continue to cook off the heat due to residual heat in the pan. This process should take approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy! Transfer your eggs to a serving plate and garnish with freshly chopped cilantro leaves and a sprinkle of cayenne pepper if you'd like. I often serve my chili scramble on a seeded wholegrain bagel for added fiber.
Nutrition Information (Per Serving)
Nutrition Disclaimer: Nutritional information is estimated using an online nutrition calculator. For accuracy, we recommend you calculate using the exact ingredients and brands you used.
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely! Perfect Chilli Scrambled Eggs are a fantastic filling for breakfast tacos. Just spoon the scrambled eggs into warm tortillas and top with your favorite taco fillings, such as diced tomatoes, avocado slices, or salsa.
A heavy-bottomed non-stick skillet or a non-stick pan is ideal for making scrambled eggs. The non-stick surface ensures the eggs won’t stick and makes for easy cleanup.
While it’s best to enjoy the Chilli Scrambled Eggs fresh for the best taste and texture, you can make them ahead of time and reheat them if needed. However, keep in mind that reheating scrambled eggs can cause them to become slightly dry and lose some of their fluffiness. If you plan to make them ahead, it’s recommended to slightly undercook the eggs during the initial cooking process to compensate for the reheating. When reheating, use gentle heat and avoid overcooking to maintain their tenderness.
No! This recipe does not include butter. Instead, olive oil provides richness, injects some heart-healthy fats, and creates a beautifully creamy and pillowy scramble.